Greens are high on iron, vitamins and calcium. It’s a difficult task to make kids eat greens with rice, this greens rice makes an easy way to make them eat healthy greens. This Keerai sadham recipe makes a perfect rice dish for adults to pack for work too. Quick to make rice dishes are the need of the hour.
Greens are packed with loads of antioxidants and are highly nutritious. It’s a welcome change to use greens apart from curries and gravies.
- 1 cup - Amaranthus (Sirukeerai) chopped
- 1 no - Onions, chopped
- 2 cups - Cooked rice
- 2 nos - Garlic flakes, chopped
- 1 tsp - Uradh dhal
- 1 tsp - Channa dhal
- 1 tsp - Red chilly flakes
- 1 tsp - Olive oil
- ½ tsp - Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp - Mustard seeds
- Salt as reqd
- Ina pan heat oil add mustard once it cracks add cumin seeds, uradh dhal, channa dhal roast and add onions n garlic flakes saute well.
- Add chopped greens, salt, red chilli flakes add 2 tbsp water and cook in medium heat for 5 mins.
- Add cooked rice mix well and serve with broccoli curry.