BURNT GARLIC VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
BURNT GARLIC VEGETABLE FRIED RICE makes a quick stir fry rice. Rice without sauces and masala’s is what i prefer to pack for lunch box. Packed some Burnt garlic n Broccoli rice for lunch box last week and SH kept watsapping me tat it was soo yumm. Since veggies are stir fried they turn to be crunchy and the flavor from the garlic to the oil makes the rice really tasty.
I love to own a wok sooner. I get awed seeing the sight at way the fried rice are made at fasts foods.. but a big no for the plate. The amount of salts, sauces added just gives the taste and nothing more. I prefer simple rice dishes to be packed for SH for lunch and one of my fav follows.
- 1 cup - Cooked Basmati Rice
- 1 cup - Mixed vegetables (carrot, broccoli, cauliflower,corn,capsicum)
- 1 no - Onion, chopped
- 2 nos - Spring onions green parts, chopped
- 10 pods - Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp - Light soya sauce (preferably, if its dark soya reduce the quantity)
- small piece of ginger, chopped
- ½ tsp - Red chilli flakes
- Salt and Black Pepper powder as reqd
- 2 tbsp - Olive oil or any flavorless oil
- Heat one tbsp oil in a pan add onion, ginger and saute well. Add vegetables and saute until half cooked but still crunchy and not mushy.
- Do not close the lid of the pan while cooking vegetables.
- Add salt, chilli flakes,pepper powder, light soya sauce, mix well add rice give a mix, but do not break the rice.
- Switch of the heat and keep aside.
- In a small pan heat one tbsp oil add finely chopped garlic roast until its turns lite brown and immediately drain on a paper towel.
- Add the fried garlic to the rice slightly give a toss and serve hot with sprinkled spring onions on top.