SINDHI ALOO MATAR SABZI recipe is a no onion,no garlic recipe. All that is needed on a cold winter afternoon is some spicy hot sabzi n phulkas / Kulchas for lunch. This is the season of fresh green peas which and the yield has to be utilized to the maximum.
This Sindhi Aloo matar sabzican alsobe made into bit sukhe version too. This was such a comfort meal which went so well with whole wheat kulchas for lunch. Some pickled onion will go well with this meal.
- Potatoes - 2 nos, peeled n chopped n boiled until tender
- Green peas - ½ cup, boiled until tender
- Tomatoes - 2 nos, grated
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- Ginger - 1 inch
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - ½ tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt as reqd
- Coriander leaves
- Heat oil in a pan add ginger, green chillies n saute well. Add potatoes mix well and add tomatoes.
- Add spices - turmeric, red chilli, coriander n cumin powders n mix well.
- Now throw in peas mix well add one cup water and cook on medium heat until they form nice gravy texture approx 8 mins and sprinkle fresh coriander and serve hot with Kulchas / phulkas!