CHOCOLATE SHEERA RECIPE IN 10 MINUTES
Chocolate Sheera recipe is a easy and must try Sheera variation at home. In Southern states termed as Kesari which has kesar color added to it.
Sheera is a staple sweet dish offered to god at many Indian households. It requires very less time to make and many variations can be made to it. Fresh cut fruits can be added to make it fruit sheera. Edible camphor is widely used in making this Kesari in Southern parts of India which gives a unique flavor to it.
Since it is Valentines day made this Chocolate sheera recipe with cocoa powder which gave a nice color and taste to this sheera recipe. Finally some chocolate shavings can also be topped to it. Sooji can be replaced with oats or poha and it gives a similar texture and consistency. Check out Oats poha Kesari here.
Chocolate Sooji halwa recipe made with goodness of cocoa powder and dry fruits.
- 1 cup - Sooji / Rava
- ½ to ¾ cup - Sugar, or as required
- 2 tbsp + 1 tbsp - Ghee, or as required
- 2 drops - Cardamom essence, or ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp - Cashews + 2 tbsp Raisins
- 1 tbsp - Cocoa powder
- 2 to 2 .5 cups - Water
- very small pinch of edible camphor,crushed (optional)
- Heat ghee in a pan, roast cashews and raisins until golden, remove them and set aside.
- To the same pan add sooji / rava and roast in low flame. Mean while boil water in another vessel.
- Once water comes to boiling slowly add to the sooji and keep stirring in low heat.
- Let the mixture gets cooked in low heat and thicken, at this stage add cardamom essence, sugar, cocoa powder stir well.
- Sugar leaves water so keep stirring in low heat until this mixture thickens. Add one tbsp ghee, mix well , add nuts and raisins and remove from heat.
- Serve chocolate sheera warm with chocolate chip topped on it.