PINEAPPLE PULISSERY RECIPE, KERALA PINEAPPLE PULISSERY
Pineapple pulissery recipe is a traditional Kerala dish.Pineapple chunks / bites cooked in coconut yogurt based gravy and used as a side dish to go with rice. Occasions like Onam,Vishu will definitely have this dish. During summer season mango pulissery is made replacing pineapple.
Kerala cuisine’s quintessential is coconut oil and dishes made with coconut oil are remarkably yummy. Pulissery recipe can also be made with vegetables like ash gourd, cucumber, banana papaya. Pineapple pulissery recipe is quick to make dish and it does not need much of preparation. Have always been fantasied by Kerala dishes, they are too light on tummy but more flavorful.
- Pineapple - 1 cup,chopped
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – ½ tsp
- Curd / Yogurt – 2 cups, beaten
- Salt – as reqd
- For Grinding:
- Coconut – ½ cup
- Green Chillies – 3 nos
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- For Seasoning:
- Coconut Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chillies – 2 nos
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Cook the pineapple pieces in half cup water, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp red chilly powder until soft.
- Mean while grind coconut, green chilies, cumin with ¼ cup water to a fine paste.
- Add the coconut paste to the cooked pineapple, add salt, mix it and cook in low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the beaten curd / yogurt cook for a minute and remove from heat.
- In a small pan heat oil splutter mustard seeds add red chilies, curry leaves saute well and add it to the curd mixture.
The curd mixture has to be cooked in low heat.