METHI MATAR RICE recipe is a simple healthy rice dish with perfect flavors in it. Simple rice recipes are my take on weekdays to be packed for Hubby’s lunch. This methi matar rice stays well for longer hours which is a complete relief. Methi leaves gently tossed in ghee gives this rice dish a complete new flavor. Few Pressure cooker rice recipes have also been into his lunch box like this channa pulao.
Summer has almost kick started and lunch box rice dishes have to be simple yet they have to stay longer since my hubby travels for his work around and his lunch hours are unpredictable. Rice recipes with dal and tomatoes can never stay for longer hours and he never prefers to carry them to. Traditional rice recipes like lemon rice, puliyodharai, coconut rice have become a boring affair for him. Coming to this Methi matar rice recipes its a simple stir fry rice recipe with very less ingredients.
Here’s one lunch box packed which had Phulkas, Aloo bhindi sabzi, methi matar rice, spiced buttermilk and almonds.
- Methi leaves - 1 cup,cleaned and roots chopped off
- Frozen Green peas /matar - ½ cup
- Cooked Basmathi rice - 1 cup
- Onion- 1 no, thinly sliced
- Green chillies - 2nos, finely chopped
- Ginger and garlic paste - ½ tsp
- Ghee / butter - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Salt as reqd
- Frehs coriander for garnishing
- Heat ghee / butter in a pan splutter cumin seeds, add onions, green chilies,ginger garlic paste and saute well.
- Add methi, green peas and saute in medium heat until they become dry.
- Now add salt, garam masala saute well add cooked rice give a nice mix and switch the heat off.
- Cool it sprinkle fresh coriander and pack it.
Mint leaves can also be added to enhance its flavors.