Homemade Strawberry Ice cream is no big deal without an Ice cream maker. It turns out to be super creamy and soft and up to the mark of Store bought ones. No artificial essence or coloring agent was used in making this Homemade Strawberry Ice cream. Few chunks of strawberries can be added at the end or even chocolate chips, chocolate sauce can be drizzled on top before it goes to final freezing.
Made this strawberry ice cream with frozen strawberries which i picked up in the first week of January when the prices were slashed down. Cleaned, hulled and popped the strawberries in to the freezer for later use.
The quintessential is full fat milk which helps in giving the creamy texture to strawberry ice cream. I made this ice cream with 4.5% full fat milk and 25% low fat cream. The trick in using a low fat cream is, it has to be chilled for 2 hours before using it, remove the tetra pack cut open the top scoop of the cream to another bowl at the end you can see water which has to be discarded. This scooped out cream alone has to be used with other ingredients for the ice cream.
HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM
Strawberry ice cream recipe made without ice cream maker.
Author: Kalpana Sareesh
Recipe type: ICE CREAM
Serves: 1 box
- Whipping cream- 1 cup (25% low fat cream )
- Full fat milk - 1 cup
- Fresh strawberries - 1 cup
- Milk powder - ¼ cup
- Powdered sugar - ½ cup
- Puree the strawberries and keep aside.
- In a bowl add whipping cream whip until stiff, add powdered sugar and whip until stiff peak.
- Then add milk powder, strawberry puree,milk mix everything well and transfer to the container and freeze it for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer transfer to a blender and blend it until smooth,this is to make the ice crystals to break up and transfer to the container seal it and freeze over night preferably.
- At this point toppings can be added as desired. If not while serving, serve with fresh fruits,sauces or nuts cane be added and served individually.