INSTANT MANGO PICKLE RECIPE | VENDHAYA MANGAI
Instant mango pickle recipe / Vendhaya maangai (வெந்தய மாங்காய்) is a super easy to make pickle and tastes great with curd rice. This instant mango pickle stays well for 2 to 3 days maximum when refrigerated. The hint of roasted fenugreek powder gives an amazing flavor to this pickle.
When mangoes are in season this is a must almost on all days though there is enough stock of avakkai, maavadu. Hubby loves to eat this vendaya mangai almost with all rice varieties and breakfasts too. Only a small batch is made because of it’s shorter shelf life. Hardly any oil or spices are used but it tastes heavenly. I love to relish this instant mango pickle recipe to be eaten with curd rice and mor milagai.
- 1 no- Raw mango, finely chopped
- 1 tsp - Red chilli powder
- ½ tsp - Fenugreek seeds powder ( roasted and powdered finely )
- ½ tsp - Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp - Asafoetida / hing
- 1 tsp - Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp - Oil
- Salt as reqd
- Clean the mango and finely chop them removing the seed.
- Place the mangoes on to the clean jar / container in which it is to be stored.
- On to the top of the mangoes add turmeric powder, red chili powder, roasted fenugreek powder, salt.
- Heat oil, splutter mustard seeds and pour it on top of the container where the powders are placed.
- Now mix it well and allow to sit for 30 minutes to one hour so that spices gets into the mangoes.
- Serve with curd rice, and refrigerate the remaining pickle.