Maharashtrian Masala Bhaat Recipe, How to make Masala Bhaat
Maharashtrian Masala Bhaat Recipe is quick and easy to make. Not spicy rice dish but definitely flavorful and perfect recipe to pack in lunch box. Salad and raitha will make a perfect side for this easy masala bhaat rice. The much avoided tindli is added to the rice it gives a nice crunchy texture. Other vegetables like carrots, beans too can be added to this rice which makes it a complete meal.
- 1 cup - rice (washed well)
- 10 nos - tindli / kovakkai, sliced
- ½ cup - green peas
- 1 no - onion,chopped
- 1 tsp - ginger, chopped
- 3 nos- green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp - cumin seeds / jeera
- ½ tsp - turmeric powder
- pinch of asafoetida / hing
- 1 tsp - salt or as reqd
- 1 tbsp - oil
- 1 tbsp - coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp - coconut gratings
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker add cumin seeds once it crackles, add onions, ginger,chillies,turmeric, hing and saute for couple of minutes.
- Add tindli / kovakkai, green peas, salt mix well, add rice, 2 and ½ cups water mix it and pressure cook for 3 to 5 whistles.
- Once the pressure settles, sprinkle coconut, coriander and serve hot!