Broccoli pakora recipe, How to make broccoli /gobi pakoras
Broccoli pakora recipe is a great alternative to usual veggies. Almost all evenings Chennai weather is good and there’s lite drizzle across the city. Fried food and chaat items are the most craved food during that time. But stepping out is hideous job. So it’s always onion pakoda or bajjis who come to every house holds rescue. They are the quickest fried foods which can be made instantly. Usually it’s onion, raw banana, potato, long chillies are the most used ones in making pakoras / bajjis. I had half of broccoli after making curry lying in the refrigerator so decided to use it.
Broccoli / cauliflower needs par boiling so that they dont stay raw after frying. I always to prefer to serve pakors /bajjis with green chutney and a cup of chai. Hardly much preparations needed for this quick to make pakora cum chaat.
- 1 no - Broccoli
- 1 cup - Gram flour / kadalai maavu
- 1 tbsp - Rice flour
- 1 tsp - Red chili powder
- salt as reqd
- hing / asafoetida generous pinch
- pinch of turmeric powder
- Oil for frying
- For making pakora chaat:
- Chaat masala
- Sliced onions
- Green chutney
- Sweet chutney
- Coriander, chopped
- Par boil broccoli florets and drain it completely.
- In a bowl add gram flour, rice flour, chili powder,turmeric,hing, salt and mix well.
- Add water little by little and mix until smooth but to thick consistency.
- Mean while heat oil in a frying pan.
- Dip each floret in the batter and deep fry in oil until it turns crispy, remove and drain it.
- In a plate arrange pakoras,add sliced onions, green chutney, sweet chutney, coriander, chaat masala and serve immediately.