Paneer Makhani recipe, How to make Paneer Makhani at home
Paneer Makhani recipe restaurant type dish at home is easy to make and worth the efforts. It’s a creamy gravy type dish which works perfectly for north Indian breads and pulav varieties too. The key ingredient which should never be missed are butter and cream or full fat milk. Usually cubed paneer are added at the end to the gravy. But i love my paneer chunks bit crunchy so i tosed them in butter in and added before serving paneer makhani recipe.
This no onion, no garlic version of paneer makhani recipe works great. The gravy gets it’s volume from tomatoes.
- 1 pkt - paneer, cut into cubes
- 4 nos - Tomatoes
- 10 nos - cashew nuts
- 10 nos - almonds
- 1 small stick - cinnamon
- 1 no- bay leaf
- 1 - cardamom
- 1 tbsp - Kanda lahsun masala (if not add 1 tsp - red chilli powder, 1 tsp - coriander, ½ tsp - garam masala)
- ½ cup - fresh cream / full fat milk
- 1 tbsp - kasuri methi
- 1 small stick - butter
- salt as reqd
- Boil tomatoes in water until they soften, once cooled remove the skin and mash the pulp in a mixer.
- Soak cashew and almonds for atleast an hour in half cup hot water. Grind until smooth with water and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a pan add bay leaf, cinnamon, cardamom and saute.
- Add tomato puree, lashun masala / other masalas, salt and cook in low heat until oil separates.
- Add cashew paste and cook in low heat for 3 minutes. Add cream / milk, kasuri methi, mix well and cook on a low heat for 2 to 3 minutes, if you feel gravy is thick add half cup water and cook for another 2 minutes on low heat.
- Add tossed paneer / or just plain paneer cubes switch off the heat and sprinkle fresh coriander, crushed kasuri methi and serve hot.