EGGLESS GINGERBREAD CAKE RECIPE AT HOME
EGGLESS GINGERBREAD CAKE RECIPE is a fool proof one and it makes a super soft, moist and spicy cake which is not too sweet to the taste buds. Made this cake with jaggery / gur syrup and brown sugar which paved in way for a depth and flavorful outcome. Made a smaller batch of this eggless ginger bread recipe on a trial version and it worked absolutely awesome. Icing ain’t necessary for this recipe, if needed sugar dusting on top for kids would work or drizzle of honey.
This light and soft cake works like a charm for tea time. This recipe is inspired from Easy eggless baking book.
- Butter - ½ cup
- Brown Sugar - ½ cup
- Molasses / Jaggery / Gur syrup - ¾ cup
- Vegetable oil - ¼ cup
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Baking soda - 1 and ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger powder - 1 and ½ tsp
- Hot water - ¾ cup
- In a bowl cream butter and sugar. In another bowl mix molasses / ghur syrup and oil and add it to butter mixture and mix well.
- Mix flour with baking soda. To this add spices, wet mixture + ¼ cup of hot water and mix it.
- Add some more hot water and beat again.
- Continue it until the batter turns to dropping consistency.
- Batter shouldn't be too thin or too thick it has to be in mid range for a fluffier result.
- So keep adding hot water as per requirement. Do not add the entire water contents at a stretch.
- Grease the tin, preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Bake approximately for 25 to 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool it completely and store it.