BADAM KATLI RECIPE AT HOME
Badam katli recipe is one easy to make sweet without much preparations. No sugar string consistency nor condensed milk is required for this badam burfi recipe. This melt in mouth sweet is for sure a winner at home. Badam Katli recipe from here is a sure keeper recipe.
The cost of almond based sweets are sky rocketing especially during festive season and the quality of the sweets are not to the par. At home these sweet costs just 1/4 th the price and are made with quality nuts. These homemade goodies make a perfect gift this festive season.
- Almonds - 1 cup
- Powdered sugar - 1 cup
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Milk - ½ cup
- Saffron - few strands
- Soak almonds in hot water covered for 30 minutes.
- Mix saffron strands in milk and keep it aside.
- Later discard water remove the skin, grind with saffron soaked milk to a smooth paste, add a tablespoon of milk if required.
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan, add almond paste, sugar and start stirring in medium to low heat.
- Cook until it forms a dough like consistency approx 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a aluminium foil / butter paper spread ghee and keep it ready.
- Place the dough and roll it with a rolling pin immediately.
- When the dough starts to become hard cut into desired shapes and store it.
If almond mixture is to dry while grinding a tbsp or more of milk can be added to make into smooth paste.
This stores well for 3 to 5 days in room temperature.