WHOLEWHEAT VEG CALZONE RECIPE
Wholewheat Calzones makes a perfect alternative for pizza craving! These wholewheat calzones are made healthy by replacing with wheat flour, and more healthier with vegetables stuffed in. It makes a perfect dinner time meal with a bowl of hot soup and salad.
Instant yeast bread baking has become my favorite past time job at home. With temperature no where to come down baking bread works around the year. In less than an hour the flour doubled up and so before lunch time my job was done. Step wise pictures of how the dough was assembled.
There it goes into the oven, brushed with butter on top for that crunch and it comes out with golden crust. Inspired from here.
For dinner made Wholewheat calzone stuffed with spicy veggies, tomato soup and fattoush salad (Indianized one)
- For dough:
- Instant yeast - 1 tsp + half of ¼ tsp
- Wheat flour - 2 cups + ½ cup for dusting and kneading
- Luke warm Water - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tsp
- For stuffing:
- Pizza Sauce / Schezwan Sauce / Pesto
- Vegetables (cubed veggies mixed with a teaspoon of olive oil, red chilli flakes, italian seasonings, salt)
- Butter for brushing the top
- In a bowl mix flour, yeast, sugar, salt and olive oil. Add the water until it forms a dough. It will be sticky knead it for 5 minutes, cover and allow to raise in a warm place for an hour or two or until it doubles.
- Punch the dough, transfer to the floured surface, knead for a minute or two until it well combines.
- Mean while preheat oven for 180 degrees for 10 minutes.Divide the dough into 4 equal parts, roll it, spoon the sauce, stuffing, fold it, crimp the edges.
- Make slits on top, brush with butter and bake on a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until the top is browned.