EGGLESS FRUIT CAKE RECIPE
Eggless fruit cake recipe is a simple and light cake which makes a perfect treat during this festive season. There are numerous variations available when it comes to Eggless cake recipes widely. Have attempted many but this is my best out of the lot and its the quickest one too.
A good quality powdered palm sugar is the key to the recipe. Make sure the palm sugar is smooth and not with larger granules. The color of this eggless fruit cake recipe depends only on the color of the palm sugar / brown sugar used in. No molasses / honey / dates syrup or colors were used in it. Dry fruits can be soaked and refrigerated in grape / apple / orange juice for a day or two if there’s time. If not just add them to the batter, but make sure they are finely chopped. Candied peels enhance the taste for sure and its widely available in super markets or just use fresh lemon and orange zest. The palm sugar satisfies only 50 % of the sweet cravings so if needed add 1/4 cup more.
These are the before and after pictures of my Fruit cake tins. The cakes will give a very minimal crack, check before it gets out the oven that it is fully baked.
- ⅓ cup - Unflavored Oil
- ¾ cup - Palm sugar / Brown sugar (fine variety)
- 1 cup - Warm water (not hot)
- 2 cups - 1 cup Maida, 1 cup - Wheat flour
- 1 tsp - Baking Soda
- 1 tsp - Cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp - Nutmeg powder
- ¼ tsp - Elaichi powder
- ⅛ tsp - Clove powder
- 2 cups - Mixed dry fruits & Nuts (chopped)
- (Black and Golden Raisins, Dates, Walnuts, Almonds, Cashewnuts, Tutti frutti, Cherries, Prunes, Candied Orange and lemon peel)
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl add oil, sugar beat for a minute. Add the water, dried fruits and nuts and mix well.
- In another bowl sift flour, baking soda, spice powders and mix it.
- Mix the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix it gently until they get mixed.
- Pout the batter in to the baking tin top it with some more fruits and nuts for the extra crunch and bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool it, slice them and serve it.
- A dusting of icing sugar can be done or serve with cream cheese or jam.
Right measurements are a must, little lesser or more may fail the recipe.
Water should be perfectly warm which is to be added to the batter.
If dry fruits are pre soaked and used make sure to drain the liquid completely and dust them with a teaspoon of flour.
Prepare the baking tin with parchment paper and spread with butter.